Nov 1, 2008

Cache Progress Video

Ha! When testing the lighting in a semi complicated scene, I found myself doing Render Tests for EVERY single adjustment. Even if I changed the intensity of a light by a single digit, I'd still do at least a regional render. I’m not sure if this is the correct way to do it.. But it seems to work for me considering how much render time it takes for a single image... it’s up to 55 minutes a frame!!!.

I thought it would be cool to combine some test renders and make a video out of it. A sort of a, Progress video, ha! It almost looks like a “how to light a scene video”..For me, this is how I learn! if I would have seen a video like this before I got into 3D, I would have came in with a bit more of an understanding perspective of this craft.. Well actually, it was probably best that I didn’t see a video like this because it probably would have freaked me out and I would have never pursued this 'dream' of mine! Ha-ha.

Enjoy!